Monday, January 5, 2015

Easily amused

Early today, I realized it was January 5, 2015. That is: 1-5-15.

This made me ridiculously happy -- just as I was easily amused last Dec. 13. (12-13-14.) It apparently makes other people happy, too, since more than a dozen people promptly "liked" my Facebook post, "Happy 1-5-15."

One of them remarked that I must be one of those people who sees patterns in numbers. Not so much. Another friend said he'd be really excited by 3-14-15, and I didn't even get it until he explained that not only will that be Pi Day, but it'll be the special once-a-century Pi Day in which March 14 falls on a year ending in 15. (To which another math-minded friend mentioned how it'll be especially cool to experience 3-14-15 at 9:26:53 a.m.)

I was a poor math student, but I do like design and I especially dig order, which must be why patterned dates delight me to no end. (Did you know that for some non-theistic people, GOD actually stands for Good Orderly Design? That makes total sense to me; I understand Good Orderly Direction is another favorite in AA circles.)

I think it's healthy to be so easily amused. I'm getting hungry right about now, too ...

No comments:

Post a Comment