Thursday, December 7, 2017

Surely Joy: The Book

Update January 2020: Surely Joy is sold out! I may someday do a reprint, a revised and expanded edition, or an eBook--and I'll update this post if I do--but for now, they're gone. Thanks to everyone who supported the book. 

I'm very happy to say that Surely Joy is now a book, too. 
For some time, I've been meaning to put together a collection of my writing. The first chapter dates from 1993, an essay for my hometown paper, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. The last is a previously unpublished piece I wrote especially for the book. In between, there are selections on parenthood, politics, music, and movies, along with a few travelogues and love songs to libraries.

I didn't plan it this way, but I just counted the chapters in Surely Joy and there are 56, one for every year I've been alive (though about half come from the past five years). There are writings from newspapers, magazines, and my earlier blogs (Red State Rebels, Sidewalk 208, Carfree California) as well as from this one (and you may recognize the cover photo if you've been reading this blog for a while).

Whether you've been reading my stuff for decades or you've just found me, thank you for your support of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment